In the first place I have to say I mostly really enjoyed the race which doesn’t happen very often to me. I am quite a demanding/difficult fan (which you surely realized by now) so I would say me thoroughly enjoying a race is something quite rare. And my two top moments:
- Firstly it was that awesome 3 (or even four) way fight between Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado, Sergio Perez and Fernando Alonso lurking behind them. And what makes me even more happy is that Romain didn’t crash out in these fights because I half expected it - well, it’s him. Also I am happy that Pastor didn’t ruin Romain’s race as in the 1st round of this season because I like them both and well, you can imagine.
- Secondly I also like that fight between Kimi Raikkonen and Mark Webber. Yes, Kimi didn’t pass him in it but what I enjoyed was that there can be a great fight with two sensible drivers who don’t crash into each other necessarily. Hat off to Mark for defending his line without totally closing Kimi and hat off to Kimi for being intellingent enough to realize he cannot pass (say hello to Gandalf) and thus not doing a Lewis but rather temporarily giving in.
Also looking at the results…
- Firstly I have to congratulate Britney to his first ever win (and pole-position too). I expected him to lose some positions on the start and then also later in the race but he did brilliantly. Shame about that stupid thing with Michael Schumacher and his mechanics, I believe he would be able to fight at least for a podium and I would like to see him there. He has quite some bad luck this season..
- Jenson Button has beaten Lewis Hamilton once again but Lewis is leading the championship and as a bonus (for him at least) he didn’t crash into Massa even though he had an opportunity. Strange. Very strange.
- As much as it pains me I have to say that also Sebastian Vettel who totally fucked up his qualification did quite a good job. Even though he was beaten by his teammate in the end. Also, he is moaning this season even more than Casey Stoner in his best form. I admit that I like seeing that he is not that cute and nice and everything little boy everybody thought he is. He doesn’t have a superior car this year so he is under big pressure to deliver even under this circumstances and so far he and his results look quite dubious. At least for me.
- Romain Grosjean finally finishing the race and scoring (good) points! I am so happy for him! But I guess he is even more happy because he looked even more happy than he usually does. Yes, that’s possible. On the other hand big shame for Kimi Raikkonen. I don’t exactly know why Lotus did this strategy but my wild guess is that when they saw him on such a good position they just risked everything and tried.. and it didn’t work out.
- I am also happy about Pastor Maldonado and him scoring some points even though I would be more happy if he had also beaten his teammate Bruno not-really-a-Senna. But one cannot have everything. Also good job by Bruno I must add even though I don’t like to. And also yay for Jean Eric Vergne for beating his teammate Daniel Ricciardo. Shame he was not on points though.
Next round is Bahrain GP and I am not going to watch it. It’s my personal protest about the situation in the country and about the way how F1 management is looking at it. I am anyway curious about the results of this GP so I will probably read everything around etc.
tagged: f1, romain grosjean, pastor maldonado, sergio perez, fernando alonso, kimi raikkonen, mark webber, nico rosberg, michael schumacher, jenson button, lewis hamilton, sebastian vettel, casey stoner, bruno senna, jean-eric vergne, daniel ricciardo, my opinions