I came across many these kind of charts for this season so I decided to make one myself. And surprisingly - it was quite hard, especially to find 5 drivers I actually like enough and to pick only 5 I dislike the most. I guess I seem to be quite a negative person now, right? Well, who cares. Definitely not me.
Top 5 favourite 2012 F1 drivers:
- Romain Grosjean - I am his fan for quite some time, it all started with seeing his photo on which he had the most awesome hair ever. He looked like some kind of “sunny” version of Sideshow Bob if you can imagine what I mean and I love him since then. Also the fact that he is French and talented (his results in GP2 proved it) helped. I hope he matured and won’t throw his 2nd F1 chance away!
- Jean-Eric Vergne - he is charming, he is French, he looks good and he seems to be quite a bit arrogant so he definitely won’t be boring. Great combination! Also, he seems to be friend with my dear Little Seb (now we know the arrogance source), which also helps.
- Vitaly Petrov - probably my favourite Russian. I love his accent and I love his crashes even more - the race is definitely not boring when he has his day. Also another thing which really helped me to like him - his awesome fake on twitter.
- Heikki Kovalainen - I don’t really like him that much but I ran out of drivers I really like so.. Well, I was never his big fan but since I started to follow him on twitter I am liking him more and more and I will hope for some good results (even in that car) for him in this season. And hopefully a better drive in the next one.
- Lewis Hamilton - Gangsta!!! Okay, I don’t even like that guy that much but he is so funny with his attemps to look like some kind of drug selling rapper from a ghetto when you can clearly see he is not that kind of a bad guy. I also like some of his comments he makes when he gets angry and of course - his crashing into Massa - that’s why I started to like him a bit in a first place.
Top 5 least favourite 2012 F1 drivers:
- Felipe Massa - you will always be my number one in this category, dear Felipe. Okay, I admit this guy is somehow talented but obviously far from being talented enough to be in one of the stronger teams. Also I hate how anybody hates Alonso for the team orders in that team - it’s not like he didn’t behave according to them too. Also I have a strong dislike Rob Smedley and the fact everybody finds those two cute. And I am not even talking about his wife who always creeps me out because she looks like female version of Massa (really, they look almost the same!) and his kid seems to be one of the most ugly kids I have ever seen. But it may have something to do with the fact that I find high majority of little kids ugly.
- Bruno Senna - or Bruno not-really-a-Senna. Really what kind of person changes his name to the name of his famous uncle and then moans about being compared to him? I originally liked him but I stopped after he kept saying “I am negotiating with quite a few teams and I will definitely be in F1 next year” for quite some years. Also I generally dislikes drivers who have more various photoshoots than normal racing photos and he seems to be one of those.
- Jenson Button - another guy with more photoshoots than real racing photos. Also he seems to be so boring to me. What is the most exciting thing in his life he has ever done? Made a shampoo commercial? And another thing - I really dislike his girlfriend Jessica Michibata. For me she is the most annoying this in the paddock, far more annoying that that Nicole Scherzezezezereinger of Gangsta.
- Sebastian Vettel - another driver I used to like far in the past but not now. Reason? His finger apart from the other things. Also, when he is celebrating he sounds like Justin Bieber. And also some of his fans are really so annoying that they just make people dislike poor Vettel. On the other hand - I have to add that I respect his driving skills greatly.
- Daniel Ricciardo - probably. I don’t know why I dislike him that much, I don’t even know that much of things about him. But it’s maybe because I find his weird smile unsettling and hate how people go “aaaww” about him. But this 5th place was hard - there are so many adepts..
And before anybody starts sending me a hate mail - it’s just my opinion, everybody has one! It’s not that I can change it even if I really wanted to.
tagged: f1, romain grosjean, jean-eric vergne, vitaly petrov, heikki kovalainen, lewis hamilton, felipe massa, bruno senna, jenson button, sebastian vettel, daniel ricciardo, sébastien ogier, gangsta, massa slagging, vettel’s annoying finger, my opinions